Management Building. M403
Economics and Computation Lab
Economics and Computation Lab
Office:Management Building.2 MB313C
Algorithmic Game Theory
Multiagent and Distributed Systems
Introduction to Computer Science
Economics and Computation
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, University of Southern California (USC)
- M.S. in Computer Science, University of Southern California (USC)
- M.B.A. in Information Management, National Taiwan University (NTU)
- B.B.A. in Information Management, National Taiwan University (NTU)
- Visiting Scholar, Institute of Information Science (IIS), Academia Sinica
- Postdoc, Institute of Information Science (IIS), Academia Sinica
- Research Intern, Center for Mathematics and Information (CWI), Amsterdam
- Algorithmic Game Theory
- Learning Theory
- Multiagent and Distributed Systems
- Social Networks
- Introduction to Computer Science
- Computer Programming
- Economics and Computation
- Theory of Computation
- 1.Po-An Chen, Chi-Jen Lu. Generalized Mirror Descents in Congestion Games. In Articial Intelligence (AIJ), Volume 241, Dec 2016
- 2.Po-An Chen, Yi-Le Chen, Chi-Jen Lu. Bounds on the Price of Anarchy for a More General Class of Directed Graphs in Opinion Formation Games. In Operations Research Letters (ORL), Volume 44, Issue 6, Nov 2016.
- 3.Po-An Chen. How Egalitarian Are Nash Equilibria in Network Cost-Sharing Games? In Operations Research Letters (ORL), Volume 43 Issue 6, Nov 2015
- 4.Po-An Chen, Bart de Keijzer, David Kempe, and Guido Schaefer. Altruism and Its Impact on the Price of Anarchy. In ACM Transactions on Economics and Computation (ACM TEAC), Volume 2 Issue 4, Oct 2014. Article No. 17.
- 1.Discrete and Continuous Generalized Mirror Descents in Atomic Congestion Games. Poster. The 17th ACM Conference on Economics and Computation (EC'16). Maastricht, the Netherlands
- 2.Chu-Han Cheng, Po-An Chen, and Wing-Kai Hon. Budget-Constrained Multi-Battle Contests: A New Perspective and Analysis. Oral presentation. The 5th World Congress of the Game Theory Society (GAMES'16). Maastricht, the Netherlands
- 3.Po-An Chen, Yi-Le Chen, and Chi-Jen Lu. How Much of a Person Influencing the Others and Being Influenced Matters in Opinion Formation Games (Extended Abstract). Oral presentation. Collective Intelligence Conference 2016 (CI'16). New York City, USA
- 4.Po-An Chen and Chi-Jen Lu. Playing Congestion Games with Bandit Feedbacks (extended abstract). In Proceedings of the 14th International Conference on Autonomous Agents and Multiagent Systems (AAMAS'15).
- 5.How Egalitarian Are Nash Equilibria in Network Cost-Sharing Games?. Poster. The 10th Conference on Web and Internet Economics (WINE'14). Beijing, China
- 6.Po-An Chen and Chi-Jen Lu. Generalized Mirror-Descents in Congestion Games with Splittable Flows. In Proceedings of the 13th International Conference on Autonomous Agents and Multiagent Systems (AAMAS'14)
- 7.The Egalitarian Price of Anarchy in a Subclass of Shapley Network Cost-Sharing Games (Abstract). Oral presentation. The International Conference on Discrete Optimization and Operations Research (DOOR'13). Novosibirsk, Russia
- 8.Gradient Descents in Potential Games and Application in Atomic Splittable Congestion Games. Poster. The 14th ACM Conference on Electronic Commerce (EC'13). Philadelphia, USA
- 9.Po-An Chen, Bart de Keijzer, David Kempe, and Guido Schaefer. The Robust Price of Anarchy of Altruistic Games. (Short paper). In Proceedings of the 7th Workshop on Internet & Network Economics (WINE'11).
- 10.Po-An Chen, Mary David, and David Kempe. Better Vaccination Strategies for Better People. In Proceedings of the 11th ACM Conference on Electronic Commerce (EC'10).
- 11.Xiaoxun Sun, William Yeoh, Po-An Chen, Sven Koenig. Simple Optimization Techniques for A*-Based Search. In Proceedings of the 8th International Conference on Autonomous Agents and Multiagent Systems (AAMAS'09).
- 12.Po-An Chen and David Kempe. Altruism, Sel fishness, and Spite in Tra ffic Routing. In Proceedings of the 9th ACM Conference on Electronic Commerce (EC'08).
- 13.Po-An Chen and David Kempe. Altruism and Sel fishness in Tra ffic Routing. In the 45th Annual Allerton Conference on Communication, Control, and Computing. (Allerton'07)
- 14.Rajiv T.Maheswaran, Craig M. Rogers, Romeo Sanchez, Pedro Szekely and Po-An Chen. Scaling in Domains with Uncertainty: Criticality Sensitive Coordination. In the 3rd Workshop on Challenges in the Coordination of Large Scale Multi-Agent Systems (LSMAS), AAMAS 2006.
- 15.Rajiv T. Maheswaran, Craig M. Rogers, Romeo Sanchez, Pedro Szekely and Po-An Chen. Distributed Scheduling for Multi-Agent Teamwork in Uncertain Domains: Criticality-Sensitive Coordination. In the Workshop on Multi-Agent Sequential Decision Making in Uncertain Domains (MSDM), AAMAS 2006.
- 16.Po-An Chen and Tyng-Ruey Chuang. Truthful Online Auctions for Pricing Peer-to-Peer Services. In Proceedings of the 7th International IEEE Conference on E-Commerce Technology 2005 (CEC'05).
I am generally interested in economics and computation, artificial intelligence, and operations research, specifically including algorithmic game theory, online learning, social networks, and multiagent and distributed systems. My current focus is on the price of anarchy and learning and dynamics in (repeated) games and markets
|Economics and computation|
|Design and analysis of algorithms/approximation algorithms/randomized algorithms/discrete mathematics/mathematical programming/linear algebra|
|Matlab, Maple, or related softwares|
|Design and analysis of algorithms/discrete mathematics|
|Basic programming skills|